Vision is an essential inborn ability in our daily life. If one has poor vision or has completely lost sight, his daily life will be affected. That’s why many parents are concerned about their children’s vision when they are very young.
At present, about 10000000 children in China are suffering from strabismus, which has also sounded a warning to parents. How can you tell if a child has suffered from strabismus? How to prevent strabismus? Come on and get to know it.
First, what is strabismus?
Strabismus refers to eyes can’t look in the same target line of sight at the same time, only one eye gaze and the other side of Los, ocular axis target bias phenomenon. Strabismus is generally divided into esotropia, exotropia and strabismus, but the most common is esotropia and exotropia, exotropia is usually called “oblique looks”, while esotropia is commonly referred to as the “eye”, commonly known as “cross eyed”.
Two, children appear strabismus harm
1. strabismus interferes with visual development in children. Strabismus patients often do not have good stereo vision, see any object is a plane, there is no depth and distance, in employment and other aspects will be limited.
2. most strabismus patients suffer from amblyopia at the same time. Because strabismus patients stare at one eye for a long time, the other eye slowly decreases or stops because of less use, and the development becomes amblyopia.
Three, children appear strabismus reasons
There are more children with strabismus, which are mainly related to congenital abnormalities, acquired ocular hypoplasia and genetic factors. In children, especially in infants, the development of binocular visual function is not perfect, and the extraocular muscles can not be well coordinated. Any unstable factors can promote the occurrence of strabismus. General strabismus occurs within 6 months of birth, known as congenital strabismus, it does not have the basic conditions for the establishment of binocular vision, the greatest harm to the development of visual function.
Four, how to prevent children strabismus?
1., pay attention to genetic problems. A family history of strabismus in children, although there is no strabismus appearance, but also to please the eye doctor check in two years, noted that there is no hyperopia or astigmatism.
2., pay attention to carefully observe the child’s eye changes, timely correction of the child’s bad habits of the eye, watching TV can not always sit in a position or posture.
3., some strabismus can not be seen directly from the appearance, when parents can use flashlights to do simple screening for children. Take a flashlight, according to the middle of the nose of the child (about 30 centimeters or so, the light is weak, so as not to glare), if the flashlight reflected light falls in the middle of the black eye, that is the normal eye position. If the spot falls on the inside or outside of the center of the dark eye, it may be strabismus.
Five, strabismus, amblyopia treatment
1. amblyopia in 5-6 years old treatment effect is better, after 15 years old treatment difficulty increases. Generally speaking, amblyopia has different degrees of ametropia or difficult to correct refractive problems, so the treatment of amblyopia, first of all, to correct ametropia, using accurate optometry, wearing corrective glasses.
2. types of strabismus according to the specific treatment plan, for example, some children strabismus is mainly composed of refractive error caused by wear glasses, can reduce the degree of strabismus or eye position correction, may not need surgical treatment.
2. congenital strabismus and congenital glasses cannot be fully corrected esotropia must need to accept surgical treatment, surgical treatment of children with strabismus and amblyopia if, the first general treatment of amblyopia, to be corrected eyesight almost, strabismus surgery again.
The 4. key is the treatment of amblyopia in children also need accurate optometry, mydriasis optometry, wearing glasses, and on the basis of the traditional cover and amblyopia therapy. Mild to moderate amblyopia after optometry and occlusion therapy can restore.